Thursday, June 26, 2014

Oatmeal Play dough

       I love it when you stumble on a winning activity.  This one was not at first but it turned into a winner.  L had fun helping me mix the oatmeal, water, flour, and food coloring, which was great because it extended the activity time.  

Once it was mixed she thought it was a snack though, even though I had gotten out the rolling pin and some cookie cutters.  (note to self, buy some play dough toys)  
       After trying and failing to convince her that it was only for molding I broke out the toothpicks.  The toothpicks saved this activity.  L really enjoyed sticking the toothpicks into the dough rolled into a ball.  

      The recipe says it will last for 3 days.  I put it in a ziplock bag with the intent to use it again.  Unfortunately I forgot about it and it molded.  At least this activity created some fun for one morning, which makes it a winner in my book.  I will make this again but I will be sure to use it more than once. 
       Here is the link to the recipe. http://spoonful.com/crafts/oatmeal-clay

No comments:

Post a Comment