Monday, June 30, 2014

Toddlers and their rocks


     Saturday I put on a sweatshirt I had in the car, reached in the pocket and pulled out a rock, lol.  I thought 'that's when you know you're a mom'.  When else and for what other reason would you have a random, seemingly ugly, rock in your pocket?  The only explanation I can think of is your child loves rocks.  
      L does loves rocks.  She carried three rocks home from our walk the other day, the whole time saying "my rock collection".   There has been one in her car seat cup holder for weeks.  She is always pointing them out or picking them up when we are outside.  
    Not sure what she likes so much about these pieces of nature but I just figure it's part of being a kid.  Loving nature in its entirely, not so pretty rocks and all.  Really when you think about it thats kind of nice.  I wish I could see the beauty in a gray piece of hardened  earth the way she can.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment