Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Overview of life with two so far

    Well here is an attempt to get back to my previous goal of two posts a week.  Wish me luck because life with a toddler and a newborn is rough.  But for all of you who are reading I will truly make an effort.  
    Little L is a great little baby.  She barely cries, except when she is hungry or gassy.  She sleeps a lot still even at two weeks old.  I have to wake her to eat a lot of the time,  that's how much she sleeps.  Really that's great but it was a bit stressful at first because she lost more weight then she should have. She is past her birth weight though so I guess I can let that worry go now.  7lbs 9 oz at birth, 7 lbs 14 oz as of today.  :).  
    Man does this child poop though.  She loves to poop without a diaper, I have been sprayed more than once.  She takes forever to finish pooping too, I swear once 20 minutes was not even long enough to wait.  As a result we are going through a ton of diapers and washing a lot of blankets and clothes.  Oh well this too shall pass or will it?  Big L is still having a poop accident almost every day.  
    Big L does love being a big sister and has been nothing but sweet to her baby sister.  She says things like " I like this baby"  " baby sister came out your belly"  "I lobe baby sister". Melts my heart.  


She can be a little rough around her though and gets mad when we tell her to be careful.  Really she gets mad when we tell her to do anything.  The terrible twos have hit and they have hit hard.  She does not listen, she yells and cries at the drop of a hat and won't calm down for anything, and she tells and my husband and I that we can't say things.  I'm on the search for new tactics on how to help her deal with her emotions.  Pray I find something that works because I might not have any hair left soon if she keeps this behavior up.  
    I know I could have it a lot worse.  I'm so thankful both of my kids are healthy and that little L sleeps well.  We are keeping our fingers crossed that she stays a good sleeper.  But no matter how good a day you have a full day with a toddler and a newborn is stressful and exhausting.  
   Check back in a few days and see if I was able to push out another post about my crazy life as a mother of two.  
    
     

No comments:

Post a Comment